This document tries to answer the questions that are frequently asked by users.
Questions & Answers
The concept of zone is similar to that of a network. All devices in a zone can communicate with each other and a user must connect to a zone in order to control the devices that belong to it.
- A zone may consist of up to 200 devices and contain up to 32,000 groups and 16 scenes.
- There is no limit to the number of zones you can create.
- The network name of a zone must be locally unique.
Group is a collection of one or more devices that share a common property, such as location or purpose.
While there is no specific limit to the number of devices that each group may consist of, a device may only be part of up to 8 groups.
(the exact number of groups that a device can be part of may vary depending on the device model)
A scene can be used to specify different control levels for a set of devices and groups.
- Only configuration groups can be specified in a scene.
- Device configuration always takes precedence over group configuration in a scene.
(e.g. if you configure a control level for the device that is part of the group that is specified in the same scene, the device control level is applied)
- Up to 16 scenes can be created in a zone.