This document describes the procedure for resetting a device to the factory default state.
There are three separate methods to reset a device to the factory default state:
- App Method
- Reset Button Method
- Input Power Switching Method
This is the preferred method and should be used whenever possible.
- Go to Manage-Devices.
- Tap on the device to be reset.
- Select the 'Delete' option.
- Tick 'Erase device configurations' and tap on 'Yes' button.
Reset Button Method
Use this method when the device is physically accessible and the App Method does not work.
Locate the reset button.
IP65 Connect Module does not have an external reset button.
Use the App Method or Input Power Switching Method for the devices that do not have an external reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for a specific period and release.
- Hold for 5 seconds and release to erase the zone information.
- Hold for 10 seconds to erase all configurations, including the zone information.
Input Power Switching Method
Use this method only when using the App Method and Reset Button Method is not possible.
Refer to the "Perform a factory reset by switching power input" article.